Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Plywood in San Francisco
There are some pictures here of stores in San Francisco. Window shopping isn't an option. <>
2
2

where to find replacement Taylor deadbolt cylinder?
I know there was a recent thread on this, but the topic didn't quite address what I wanted to do. Like the other poster, I too have a Taylor deadbolt very similar to this one: didn't know what his...
8
8

OT. EVs For Rural Drivers
Out transportation secretary thinks it would be a good idea. <> Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Sunday that rural and suburban voters should buy electric cars because they burn the most...
145
145

OT: how can I return an item I bought to Walmart? curbside purchased, cannot mail?
I bought a pair of cheap Sony videocams to evaluate as I was considering keeping one, and then giving the other as a gift. I thought I was going to like the camera, but didn't. Since I bought the...
5
5

OT: Plane Ticket Pricing Policy - What A Rip-Off!
SWMBO has to fly to visit her ailing Mom. We have some plane fare money stashed with United from a trip that was cancelled back in 2020, so I said "Have some fun...fly First Class." The trip will...
9
9

How to tighten the nut on this sink?
I can't figure out what tool to use to tighten the nut under my sink faucet... Here's a picture: advice is welcome!
10
10

On topic, George Washington
Home repair if you're George Washington: Esp. those of you who don't live close enough to the east coast to visit Mt. Vernon, you may not know this. You know the beautiful stone building that is the...
4
4

Toilet flange replacement: Cast iron versus plastic/PVC
Hello all, I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. As part of repairing our bathroom, I'm changing the old toilet flange made of cast iron. I wanted to keep the old flange, but a plumber friend of...
3
3

Water pipes in home rattle when outside sillcock turned on
Change the washer in the sillcock.
7
7

Paint in the can life span?
Hi All, I have some paint in the can, never opened. How many years is it good for? I believe it is seven years old. Many thanks, -T
6
6

what is this strip/runner called?
Hi All, Between my carpet and my kitchen vinyl flooring, there is a aluminum runner about 3/4" wide that is nailed to the floor as a transition between the carpet and the vinyl floor. What is this...
9
9

Kitchen exhaust fan rebuilt from 1950 ish
Bought motor from amazon, ccw and an 8 inch prop 27 pitch from ebay to redo my old exhaust. Works great but is there a way to tell if it is balanced? The motor has a quarter inch D shaft to match the...
7
7

Weather seal tape?
Hi All, I have been using ACE's weather seal tape around my swamp cooler. Problem: it gets some pretty direct sunlight and turns to powder in one season. The tip off is all the sudden flies in the...
4
4

Ratchet gimlet
Saw hex shank drill bits at Home Depot, cool, they fit my ratchet screwdriver, now also a ratchet gimlet!! Great for tight spots

OT. Charity Ratings
Charities are usually asking for help this time of year. <>. This should help if one needs to make a decision where to get involved. Charity Navigator, the world's largest and most-utilized...
61
61