10 Yard Dumpster Weighs over 4 Tonnes?

I just rented a 10 yard dumpster that I filled with hollow doors, wood trim, some tile, dirt, grass, garbage, etc. The dumpster was overfilled when picked up. Yet, I was astonished to find out that it weighed in at over 2 tones (over 4,000 lbs)! Does this sound possible or do you think that the renter may be trying to over-state the weight. FYI - I'm being charged by the tone.
Doesn't the dump issue a weight ticket?
-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
We filled 2 18-yard dumpsters cleaning out my mother's house. I can EASILY believe that there was 8000 pounds in each one (4 tons, twice what you had).
I do know that dirt weighs just over a ton per yard.
Also, remember they probably round to the ton or half ton at least.
--
Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7) snipped-for-privacy@zk3.dec.com
HP/Compaq Corporation snipped-for-privacy@compaq.com

trim,
It could be, especially if you had a large amount of dirt.
Did you get a copy of the weigh ticket? Every place I dealt with has a ticket showing the weight of the vehicle going in, then going out. As an example, I sent our 26 foot truck to the corrugated re-cycle place yesterday. According to the slip, it had 3680 pounds on it. Ed
very easily depending on excactly what was in there in what quantity. For example, 1 yard of gravel is roughly 1 ton. It's really amazing how fast the weight adds up. -Brian

trim,
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:34:09 +0000, Billy wrote:

I could easily top two tons. Since you know the weight, I'm assuming you were given a copy of the scale slip. Those scales are generally certified, and I would feel comfortable with it's accuracy.

trim,
telnet://Time.Darktech.Org
I am surprised that it didn't weigh more. What was noted on the certified scale ticket you received?
We just covered this exact same question.
BTW where is this "To: alt.home.repair" coming from, I don't remember it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math