10 cheapest BEST cities to live.... and to run a mfr'g bidniss??

I am creating jobs today, thanks to President Obama.

I have two unemployed guys working for me today, cleaning stuff for sale.

Ignoramus10872

The continued dive in the economy is simply fallout from the failure of the previous administration. This is why the right is not serious about winning the WH in 2012 and why they offered up who they did to run against Obama in the first place. Any Dem could have beaten any of your heroes on the right. Just look at who you nut jobs are putting up for sacrifice once again. You are nothing but a joke from start to finish Gumby. You have nothing and never did loser.

Must suck to be such a moron like you Gumby.

Reply to
Allen Drake

There was, but it was largely accounting. The extra money brought in by the Social Security "Surplus" was counted as revenue. This was despite the fact that the only place, by law, it could go was into Treasury Securities. So, the current accounts surplus was largely related to taking a long-term liability (those SS-surplus Treasuries) and counting it as a short-term asset. When you back those out, you are again in deficit. In fairness to Mr. C, this wasn't anything he cooked up, that bookkeeping system had been the same since the 80s. Also, the surplus topped out and was back into deficit even with the creative bookkeeping by before GW's first budget.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Compared to Bush the war lying war criminal Obama is a hero. You tards had your chance to shine and you tuned it into a shit storm. Bush is scared to show his chimpafide face. Most likely drunk on his ass as usual or snorting coke. The world knows what a loser you righttards are. You have nothing again as usual Gumby but we all know that also.

Must really suck to be one of the last Bush worshipers.

Reply to
Allen Drake

Everyone knows Clinton did what no republican could ever do. Bush squandered everything and turned the economy upside down. Clinton created jobs and Bush lost everything. You can fool yourself but you will never be able to change the facts. Clinton is still the "President of the World" and Bush will always be a hated war criminal.

Must really suck to be you Gumby.

Reply to
Allen Drake

Talk is cheap like you but you have nothing to backup your lies like every other winger. No facts. NOTHING.

Reply to
Allen Drake

So all you can do it ramble on about what happened so far in the past and say nothing about how the right can change anything. Your empty noise is noted. Post here and now what Obama did to make anything worse other then to fight giving more tax breaks to the millionaires.

Crickets.................

Reply to
Allen Drake

No it wouldn't, not even close. "Destruction of American Manufacturing" started with a vengence under the Reagan mis- admistration when many of the regulations relating to off shoring were loosened, same with many of the financial regulations started after the '29 crash as an attempt to prevent it happening again.Regan got the ball rolling, Clinton didn't do much to slow it,and GWB added to momentum ,guess where we are today?

Reply to
Just Me

Since the same accounting practices are still in place today, technically there was indeed a surplus at that time.

It's just that the issue has been turned into a matter of semantics by the right wing in attempt to deflect the fact that Government debt was indeed at a historical low point when Bush took over.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

No there wasn't. Only a leftist moron could say there was a "surplus" when the national debt *increased*.

Have you *ever* looked in a mirror? No, I suppose there is no reflection.

Reply to
krw

Not true. The "unemployment" number has nothing to do with the number of people on UI. It's a completely separate set of numbers.

Neither. U3 is the classical "unemployment number". U6 is basically the number of "underemployed"; those not working 40 hours, who wish to. The exact definitions are easily found with a web search.

Reply to
krw

Thus the statement "There was but it was largely accounting.(g)

It isn't a matter of semantics, though. It is the major reason that we are going to have major problems with SS coming soon. It is a little incongruous, though for the GOP to suggest that it was some kind of slight of hand on Clinton's part. While it was slight of hand, it was a bipartisan slight of hand that had gone on for years. The funny part of the Clinton surplus is he largely has the GOP to thank for it. They worked against Mr. C's baser instincts and stopped him from enacting en total that really big tax increase he wanted in '91 or '92. THat would have cut the expansion off aborning. The other interesting thing is he was a spectator on this (as are most presidents, Pres. O included). . It happened largely because of the Greenspan/Gates expansion. Greenspan because he kept rates low and money flowing and Gates as a proxy for the spectactular productivity gains we saw from the computerization of commerce. I would also like to point out that the biggest increases came AFTER tax cuts, specifically the cap gains tax cut.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Isn't even IN a city!

Reply to
Twayne

your claim to being a normal person is rather bizarre!

Reply to
Jack Rabbit

The reason it was "cooked" was that all of a sudden only part of the budget mattered. Chest pounding about one column, while ignoring the one next to it is what was "new". The "national debt" includes the SS "trust fund" - both the assets *and* the liabilities. Ignoring the liabilities is how they got morons to believe the "balanced budget" nonsense.

The "deficit" is the first derivative of the "debt". The derivative (deficit)

*CANNOT* be negative while debt is still growing.
Reply to
krw

Dunno. Haven't checked. 20%? That wasn't my issue, though.

No problems, so far.

OK.

OK, but this is exactly my point. The U3 doesn't measure only those collecting "unemployment insurance", as you stated. It measures those without jobs (on UI, or not) who are seeking employment. The "99 weeks" (or whatever) is meaningless, here.

DoL publishes a U1, U2, U4, and U5, too.

Except that historically the U3 has been used for these "reports". The higher number is not all that valuable as a comparison without a historical comparison.

Reply to
krw

Not at all.

President Obama inspires confidence in me, and because of that, I hired two unemployed guys to clean my dirty industrial surplus stuff (which is now clean industrial surplus stuff).

One of them already worked more than 20 hours this week for me.

Posturing aside, I am very happy, they cleaned that stuff very, it would take me a long time to do it alone, and the stuff would sit unsold and taking room.

Ignoramus10872

3 years after.

Trading industrial surplus would not go well there under Stalin.

Ignoramus10872

You are not a normal person Gumby. The vast majority are not rightwing dings like you. Obama had been cleaning up your winger crap and now has ended a war started over lies and war crimes in record time. A decade of killing is over and our troops will be home for the holidays thanks to Barry while Bush cowers in hiding snorting coke up his nose. You are one pathetic fool little man.

Reply to
Allen Drake

You are one stupid wing tard there Gumby. The Clinton years was the last of prosperity for a long while thanks to your heroes on the right. Creating jobs and revenue is what balances the budget and pays the bills not killing them and getting our troops killed for nothing like was done under your administration's control. There is nothing inaccurate about my last paragraph. This is your comeback? Stating that other people have posted things but you are unable to post anything yourself? You are clearly a retard but we have known that for years of your rambling and melt downs Gumby.

Reply to
Allen Drake