1" nails in a gun made for 1 1/4" to 2 1/2"?

Has anyone reading this ever tried 1" nails in a pneumatic gun with a 1 1/4" minimum size nail? If so did it work, jam, or damage the gun?
More specific, I want to use 1" inch nail in a Hitachi NT65MA4 15 gauge gun.
--
Tony Sivori

Probably little danger in trying such a short fat nail. Cut down the air pressure to something like 35 PSI and increase slowly to get the depth you want. Hopefully someone will send this post to you in a news reader, as this is a (Horrors!) Google Group post.
Joe