1-Hole, 3-Hole, or 4-Hole - Pros and Cons

Closing in on our kitchen remodel, quick question on # of holes in countertop.
The Delta faucet can fit any of the three choices provided. Since we are getting a new countertop (Silestone - Blue Sativa - NTIM), we can select any of the choices and the faucet will 'work'.
Thinking down the line, any benefit to a particular choice?
Rick
--
Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet

The 3 hole mounting is a lot more stable.
: The 3 hole mounting is a lot more stable.
Good point, and one I hadn't considered...
FWIW - the sink is an undermount stainless steel, the faucet holes (incl the 'dang' air gap) are bored through the countertop.
Rick
fewer holes looks cleaner less places to have dirt accumulate mine is a 1 hole Grohe pretty stable air gap just need to be high you might be able to get by with having under the counter. My 2 yr old dishwasher has the gap at the high point in the back of the dishwasher. The head of the faucet extend and can be used as a hand sprayer. it works great. Picture here
http://groups.msn.com/AlaskaCruiseCrystalHarmony/kitchen.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID98
FWIW I prefer a composite sink vs stainless steel the SS always looks dirty and it can be noisy when running the disposal
Wayne

: fewer holes looks cleaner less places to have dirt accumulate
My line of thinking, cleaner looking installation....
: air gap just need to be high you might be able to : get by with having under the counter. My 2 yr old dishwasher has the gap at : the high point in the back of the dishwasher.
Sounds interesting, I better do more 'googling'.... I'd love to avoid the visible 'wart'... Code here requires it...
Our choice for faucet - Delta 470-SS
: FWIW I prefer a composite sink vs stainless steel the SS always looks dirty : and it can be noisy when running the disposal : : Wayne :
: : > : The 3 hole mounting is a lot more stable. : > : > Good point, and one I hadn't considered... : > : > FWIW - the sink is an undermount stainless steel, the faucet holes (incl : > the : > 'dang' air gap) are bored through the countertop. : > : > Rick : > : > : :
: ; :: fewer holes looks cleaner less places to have dirt accumulate ; :My line of thinking, cleaner looking installation....
It is mine too. I had the faucets wall-mounted, and had the air gap mounted outside of the house behind that wall. No holes on the countertop or the sink.

Countertop, eh? From the title of the post, I kinda thought you might be talking about *outdoor* plumbing...
: Countertop, eh? From the title of the post, I kinda thought you might be : talking about *outdoor* plumbing...
Have to do something to get attention :-) Somewhere I have a picture of a 2-story outhouse...

I was thinking the same thing!
Growing up on the farm, I felt really special that our family had a "2-holer"!
3 and 4-holers was for the rich folk!!!!!!
How about hole for soap dispenser.

any
I remember a time when plugging the hole between my wife's legs was what I spent my time thinking about. Back then all countertops were standard.
Now that we have entered the "designer" generation, we no longer have time for sex, because building or remodeling a home is too complicated due to all the designer crap on the market.
Use a standard countertop so that if you ever need to change the faucet, (and you will), you can do so without changing the countertop again. Most faucets made these days last 10 years tops. Unlike the old faucets that only needed new seats and washers, you WILL find yourself replacing the faucet in 5 to 10 years. But will they make that designer faucet replacement if you have a non-standard faucet? Keep that in mind.