1" flexible hose with threaded ends?

Page 1 of 4
I made a water slide for my 4 year old today. I used a Wayne 1 HP pump from Farm and Fleet, and their garden hose adapter.
The pump has openings for 1" pipe (1" NPT), and adapters for garden hose, which is what I used.
I suspect that if I could use a 1" hose instead, I would greatly improve water throughput and reduce load on the pump. The lift is only about 2 feet. It may increase to maybe 4 feet if/when my son would want a more exciting ride.
The setup recirculates water in an inflatable pool. The kid, is, in fact, absolutely thrilled and could be barely dragged away from the water slide, crying.
So, my question is, where can I find garden hose-like flexible hose threaded for 1" NPT? I only need one threaded end, preferably male but could be female.
Thanks

Any hardware store should have the hose and everything else. They sell the hose by the foot. Then you just need a fitting with the 1" thread on on end and a hose insert on the other end. Add a hose clamp and you're done.
Bob
Ignoramus6998 wrote:

Just a thought, but how about trying one of those "Y" adaptors that lets you feed two garden hoses from one sillcock and running two pieces of 5/8" or 3/4" garden hose. Might be easier to move around than a 1" hose, and you could easily make up the correct minimum hose lengths with some female "repair couplers".
It'd also tell you if your theory about more lift with less flow restriction will get you what you're looking for.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

That's a quite interesting thought actually. I might try it.
Ignoramus6998 wrote:

Take the kid to a water park. That thing will ruin your lawn.

It is all installed on a concrete covered area.
Ignoramus6998 wrote:

Well concrete underneath should be real 'forgiving' on human bones, skulls, etc.
May I ask, how you came about that identity? ;)
G Henslee wrote:

Heh.. that's pretty funny. A little cold, but funny anyway.
John
JohnM wrote:

Ahh, just yanking his chain a little. I hope nuthin happens to the little guy and he has a ball with that water slide.
G Henslee wrote:

Yeah, it was still pretty funny, just the thing for that moment.

So what? Grass seed is cheap! In 15 years the kid will be gone and then you can watch the grass grow all you want! Greg
G Henslee wrote:

Jeez, you sound like my (childless) Aunt. Does anybody with little kids actually have time for a nice lawn?
I'm childless, too - my lawn is imperfect because I'm laz^H^H^H attuned to nature. Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm attuned to nature.
I guess I had a warped childhood. We thought that "lawns" were for old people. We thought that "the grass" was for walking on and playing on, not for admiring. Good place to pick nightcrawlers on rainy nights, too. Actually, even "the grass" was a misnomer, unless your definition of grass includes dandelions, crabgrass, plantain, violets, clover and lord knows what else.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
R, Tom Q.
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

After a few run ins with our village administration for too tall grass, I am forced to mow the lawn at least sometimes. I must ensure that the grass is under 1 foot tall, which is about all I care for. I guess I am also "attuned to nature", haha.

wildflower conservatory.

it healthy, well fed, aerated and cut it frequently it makes a nicer playing/practice field for my six year olds. When they graduate from Power Wheels and T-ball it's going to be a much bigger challenge to keep the grass alive.

You have no idea...
sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
"Tom Quackenbush"

Hehe, one of my favorite pasttimes as a child was digging holes in the backyard. I'd invite a friend over and we'd spend all afternoon digging and then playing in our "foxhole". Cheap fun, and good exercise.
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote: <snip>

I agree, digging holes was good times. Somehow my father got the idea that that meant I'd really enjoy double digging the garden. Fathers sure were dumb back then.
R, Tom Q.
Remove bogusinfo to reply

Just get the adaptor that goes from garden hose thread to 1" NPT. I've bought from Lowes/HomeDepot and used them before.
Lane

Do you have GFI protection on the pump and some type of impact absorbing material in the fall zone? AFA the hose, Home Despot has adapters you could use with a combination of poly and vinyl tubing.