1/4 acre of land seeded.

I just had tree stumps removed from a 1/4 acre of my land. I was wondering what a decent price would be to have that land :
Regraded filled with 3 loads of topsoil seeded limed fertilized mulched ?
my first estimate was around $4000. seems pretty high.. no?

Depends on location and access, and what quality of turf you want. If it is right by road and hydroseeding is good enough, that is high. If this is a future house spot in the middle of trees, without a real driveway, and involves lots of bobcat and hand work, it might be a fair price. Distance from landscape company yard makes a difference, too. Any given area, there are usually only 2 or 3 companies willing to do small jobs like that- get estimates from the ones near you, and see how they fall out.
aem sends...
thanks Aem. Appreciate the response.
Just because the contractor hires illegal aliens doesn't mean that they will pass the savings along to you. Shop around and find one that does.
On Wed, 9 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400, "john"

Doesn't seem excessive to me. How much to just fill the holes and grade?