1/2" pipes - what does that give you

Hi,

I'm remodeling my bathroom. My house has 1/2" copper pipes and I'm wondering what I can do with that. I know that the answer is most certainly "depends" and most cases but I'm looking for ball park estimates.

For example, I know that I won't be able to run two showerheads with a rainfall shower head and 8 jets.

But will I be able to run two concurrent showers (i.e two showerheads)? What about a showerhead and 5 jets?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Have your plumber upgrade the primary supply lines to 3/4". Should be in the ballpark of $1k for an average house. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

If you want to waste that much water and the energy to heat it you will need larger piping.

Reply to
George

our hhome has half inch indoors but 3/4 underground main. showering was always a problem, if someone ran cold water scald would result......

couldnt get good parts anymore for our 3 valve tub shower fixture.

replaced with delta pressure balance single handle, well actually it has a double handle one for adjust flow other temperature.

its amazing and works awesome worth all the $ and work wish I had done it years ago!

Reply to
hallerb

First check and see what you have at the meter if it is 1/2 then you only cut the pressure by converting to 3/4 most out sides on meters are 1/2 pipe thread going out . As someone else said why do you need this as you will only use your hot water faster and cost more to operate and all heads will still only deliver 9.5 litres a minute max. This can be done but the systems by Meon and Delta are pricey so do some investigation first. 2 shower heads and 2 jets max probaly

Reply to
jim

wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Steve Barker LT

only cut the pressure by converting to 3/4 most out sides on meters are 1/2 pipe thread going out .

Reply to
BobK207

But he is talking about a 5~7 gallon/minute water and energy to heat it extravaganza.

I know someone who had one of those put in their house and they had to have a large size commercial high input water heater installed to keep up with the high volume waste.

Reply to
George