1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside

Page 2 of 4
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:25:58 -0700, rank beginner

Because near the start of the thread you posted a silly reply, someone who had already given you a lot of help gave two lines of sarcasm, you replied like an ungrateful jerk, and that's what a lot of us decided you were.
And you were rude and vulgar to other people too.
And you're female? This kind of jerkiness is much less common in females, so within that segment of people, you must be a double jerk.

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 02:19:37 -0400, mm wrote:

Probably PMS. That old female standby excuse.
A good buddy of mine died last year of PMS. His wife shot him. :-)
--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

You know why they call it PMS? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken. :)
Re: 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jun 4, 2007, 10:32am From: snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (Terry)
wrote: Probably PMS. That old female standby excuse.
You know why they call it PMS? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken. :)
LMAO
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 22:26:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

aspasia wrote:

I agree. I think he about summed it up..
Re: 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall... Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jun 4, 2007, You know why they call it PMS? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken. :) LMAO Vulgar. Accurate.

I think you would have to agree that that is not true.
Bob
rank beginner wrote:

You are right to be concerned. The holes are exactly the right size for an Ammonium Nitrate explosive sabot (#UANA-2777-5) used for (among others) excavating salt in room-and-pillar mines. These are used in tandem with others for controlled, low explosive, detonations. Used properly, it's almost like carving rock!
Do you have any mining or similar activities in your area or, more importantly, know anybody involved with earth-moving operations?

You think perhaps his foundation has been mistaken for a salt mine?
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:04:32 -0700, rank beginner

I can't imagine why you suspect vandals. I am sure your neighbors love you. You have already displayed your magnetic personality. :)

Termite treatment.
Al
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:24:34 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

They are not made of marble.
Definitely rank. You tell him where to post pictures and then he insults you.
I think the holes are caused by auger rats. They do this just when their young are old enough to make it on their own, but still small enough to fit through the holes. Usually 5 to 10 per litter. In another 6 weeks they'll be able to drill their own holes. And they will, throughout the house.
rank beginner wrote:

Sounds like carpenter bees - sounds goofy, until you see them, because their holes look just like someone used a 1/2" drill. They are large, like a bumble bee, and the females sting. First I learned of them was on this n.g., then shortly after saw them at daughter's house.
I believe it was holes for termite treatment.
Can probably explain how they just became visible:)
So many years ago they were drilled, and patched. No the patches age and detoriate. Eventually they are ready to fall apart when a heavy rain storm comes from a odd direction and washes them away. or someone sprayed the area with a garden hose.
this explains the particles around the holes, left overs from the washed out patch material.
so wash the area and holes with a garden hose, and while area is nice and moist use plain old mortar mix, it will start out lighter but darken with age.
I am 50, lived here since I was 12.
There are repair projects I have done here I have totally forgotten about over all this time, life is busy.
termite job was probably his parents.
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:03:45 +0000, Norminn wrote:

Yes but can those things chew through concrete or sandstone or whatever that stuff is in her foundation?
Carpenter bees make a hole so perfectly round it looks like it was drilled. 1/2" dia. is about the size they make too.

(Larry W) wrote:

Yabbut this is a concrete foundation -- maybe mason bees? :-)
--
Regards,
(Larry W) wrote:

Looks more like that fake stucco paneling that is applied over old concrete block foundations to pretty them up. Might attract an insect and probably not too hard to burrow into. Looks like something has worn a path leading to the hole, also.
Tom G.

I've never seen Mason bees. Do they have the emblem with the square on them? Secret handshake?