1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside

I'd greatly appreciate someone's help with this. This has me worried. Don't know what the heck these are for. They were never there, just discovered them this afternoon. They are on a side of the house by the family room downstairs, and that side of the house abuts a public park, so a lot of cars park by it. The reason I'm concerned is that these holes were definitely never there before, and I can only surmise they were done intentionally. The idea of vandals is disturbing. There are a lot of visitors, all types of people, almost round the clock who come to enjoy the park and park their cars on the curb in front of this side of the house. Theyre were a lot of people on Memorial Day especially,but there's people all the time on that side of the house.

Anyway, could anyone say if they were done intentionally or if they are the work of a racoon or other animal. They seem too perfectly round though, for that. I'd like to post a picture but I'm not sure if we can do that on this group.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
rank beginner

You can post pictures for free at sites like

What kind of material are we talking about here? Cinder block? Other? How many holes? Do they go all the way through to the basement?

If the answer to that last question is YES, what did the police say when you called them?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm going to post the pictures I just took in a minute to the photobucket site. The walls aren't cinder block.

Reply to
rank beginner

I can see this is going to be fun. We now know what the walls are NOT made of. Can you reveal what they ARE made of?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They sound to me like the work of a busy insect.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I just posted the link to the pics on photobucket. Why dont you tell me what the foundation is made of then, smart ass

Chris

Reply to
rank beginner

The depth of each of the two holes is approximately 8-9" !! and the slope of the hole is approximately 25-30 deg

For the moment, I'm in shock at the whole incident. Mulling over it a bit, I'm also starting to think about the possible (probable) seepage of water into the foundation/ basement. Added moisture to the downstairs family room is also a concern now.

I may just alert the police, if indeed this a case of malfeasance. F**kin vandals.

You just can't trust anyone anymore....so sad.

Anyway, end of rant.

Reply to
rank beginner

wall outside

I was going to try to help but with that attitude you can forget it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

hey f**cktard, if you dont want to help,no skin off my back

i'm calling a highly recommended mason tomorrow first th ing. If it troubles you that you cant take a little gruff from a public message board then I'd avise to shut the f**k up and go elsewhere

Chris Phungirl

wall outside

Reply to
rank beginner

Nothing worth reading, and earned her / him / its self the short good bye.

I'll never again have to read your drivel.

'Bye.
Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

With your Usenet record, that is a blessing!

Reply to
Clancy Wiggum

PLONK

Reply to
Meat Plow

Meat Plow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net:

The OP is trying to have sex with his foundation.

Reply to
FM

This should help you.

Ivan

Don't judge a book by it's cover. I'm a bad boy when it counts but I know where the line is drawn proven by the fact that I post as Meat Plow. So tell me friend, what's your contribution to the thread (other than your failed attempt to toss a character slur my way?)

heh

Reply to
Meat Plow

I think the OP was a female no?

Reply to
Meat Plow

rank beginner........

Just to throw my 2 cents in here.....

Why not just fill these holes with some strong and waterproof material and be done with it? So much of this discussion has been centered on speculation regarding the origin of the holes, but little or no attention has been paid to how to remedy them.

Possibly a new thread titled: "Best way to fill 1/2 inch holes in foundation" would move this from being a lot of wasted time to something constructive.....

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

The holes look old. They also remind me of holes drilled by exterminators when they treat for termites.

And nobody did anything to deserve your rude attack. The people here are trying to help YOU. Do, please, try to be gracious in return.

Joy

Reply to
Joy

Don't post pictures to newsgroups, unless the group is explicitly labeled as a binary group, or the group charter says it is OK.

However, posting a LINK to a picture is fine in this, and pretty much every other group. So, put your picture up on a web site somewhere (such as one of the free photo sharing sites, if you don't have a web site), and post a link to it.

Reply to
Tim Smith

looking so old, they are probably from a termite kill job many years ago.

That explains the slight downward slope and depth. They were likely filled with cheap cement thats eroded away.

Some people here are becoming unfriendly, why cant we all get along?

Time to spray holes with water, like garden hose them and fill with cement.

Over the years I have discovered strange stuff here, usually its not worth worrying about.

Reply to
hallerb