1/2" Brass threaded pipe

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have tried hardware stores, plumbing supply houses etc but everybody wants to know who made the faucet and it doesn't say on it...

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin
1/2 Brass pipe for plumbing is very common. Home Depot, Lowes and any plumbing supply house should carry plenty of Brass pipe & fittings.

Try here:

or

my local Salt Lake City favorite:

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. -- WCF

Darrell

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is

1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

Reply to
willshak

klien pipes

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

hmmm...I was wondering the same thing...

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

I never heard of that brand/type. I know that there is a difference when you are talking about pipe and tubing sizes where tubing is measured on the outside and pipe on the inside. But in any event, you can't have a pipe or tube that is 1/2" diameter on the outside and 5/8" diameter on the inside. Maybe if you switched those diameter measurements, then yes.

Reply to
willshak

They are made by the The Acme Manufacturing Company. IIRC the company was founded by a guy named Mobius, but he lost it when he went on the bottle again and didn't get around to business. See:

(I bought one there a few years ago. It makes a nice compliment to the sterling silver Mobius strip napkin ring I picked up years ago.)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I don't know about brass pipe, but in Electrical Metallic Tubing, 1/2" EMT has a 5/8" inside diameter. The nominal or trade size may differ quite a bit from the actual measurements.

Cheers, Wayne

P.S. I'm guessing that in the case of EMT, the outside diameter was set to coincide with Rigid Metal Conduit, which is measured by inside diameter, but the EMT walls are alot thinner.

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

I'm sure he is talking about faucet stem pipe. That is nominal 1/2" (5/8 OD) with a running thread. No taper.

Reply to
Greg

Actually .56" according to table 4 in the NEC.

Reply to
Greg

OK, it was a funny. I have seen those bottles, but didn't know the name. I am am familiar with mobius strips. Solly, Charlie.

Reply to
willshak

0.560" is the ID of 1/2" ENT. The ID of 1/2" EMT is 0.622", or almost 5/8".

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

Yup, sorry for the FUD

Reply to
Greg

I guess that's why it's so hard to find. lol

Reply to
Chet Hayes

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so it might take a bit of time).

Reply to
Kevin

This is called a "running thread".

This type of nipple is most common in the elec trade, where galv steel nipples are used. A few faucet mfr's used them in brass, but they are not common today and hard to find.

about them.

a brass running thread nipple

GOOGLE for more.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

No problem. We'll wait. :-)

Reply to
willshak

From what the OP described, perhaps the one listed as BF-N-005-RT 1/2 X 6 RUNNING THREAD NIPPLE on the lawsupply link would be the one he needs. Just a matter of cutting the length to 3-1/2"

Reply to
willshak

So much for blindly following what I was told. I just asked my friend who has the pipe and was told ID 5/8, OD 1/2 so I didn't have it backwards from what I was told (but didn't think about).

This is probably supposed to be copper, not brass.

Reply to
Kevin

I've got two pieces of straight threaded brass that comes pretty close to your dimensions (but 1/2 id & 5/8 od)

It appears to thread into 3/8 pipe fittings. I think it came off some bench mount valves

Reply to
Bob K 207