???

Moss grows on a tree with just water, so whatever food mold needs, can't be much -- The toilet seat cover is spotless vinyl white, the seat is vinyl also and only gets mold on it when I leave the seat down, something mandated by the women in the house. My point is to not have to clean the toilet daily -- I never had this problem before (over 40 years) -- I have installed the new red "durable" flapper .

mandated
Maybe you should bleach your testicles?
Seriously, if the mold is now present, it will keep coming back unless completely eliminated. I'd use a weak bleach solution to scrub everything in the room. Ed