Zoysia invading centipede lawn

Neighbor's fine leaf zoysia is invading my centipede. I have not been able to locate a herbicide that will kill zoysia and not bother my centipede. Vantage handles most of my bahia but doesn't seem to bother the zoysia.
--
Mr.E

on 8/21/2007 6:44 PM snipped-for-privacy@totally.invalid said the following:

Zoysia spreads by rhizomes. There has to be a physical barrier buried a few inches to prevent the spread of zoysia.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak said:

It needs to be more than "a few inches".
--

Eggs

-Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
on 8/21/2007 10:33 PM Eggs Zachtly said the following:

How many more inches than a 'few'?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak said:

If you /really/ want to keep zoysia rhyzomes in their own area, I'd go at *least* 18". It has very deep roots. That's the main reason it doesn't have the water requirements of a lot of other grasses. Any shallower is a waste of time. On the plus side, it's a slow spreader (at least in the midwest). The OP didn't state their locale, but if they're using centipede, it ain't close to here. If I were in Fla, I'd probably go 2' (unless that's where the water table is, LOL) =)
--

Eggs

-A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:01:18 -0600, Eggs Zachtly

I've always heard 18", so I'd go along with that.

My entire front yard at my old house was Zoysia. It's beautiful stuff, I loved it. There is really no way to stop it, because anything that will kill the Zoysia will kill the Centipede grass too. You would have to kill everything, install barriers and replant.