Yup - woodpecker

Whoever guessed it was a pileated woodpecker pulling my old stump apart was right on the money. I thought it was too much work for a bird but today I surprised the little (not so little) devil. He flew to another tree 50' away to see if I was going to stay or leave - and then back to another tree

20' on the other side of the stump. Went on the far side of that tree and peeked around to check me out.
Reply to
Srgnt Billko
20' on the other side of the stump. Went on the far side of that tree and peeked around to check me out.
Reply to
Boots Crofoot