Its 2 months since i asked the original questions about my problem law
and i aerated as suggested, but to little effect at the time as i wa
still constantly using the lawn.
But now the rainy season(?) has hit the UK i think its time for th
"fall" maintenance to begin. I've got a day this week planned to do i
and just want to run my "to do list" past you guys.
* Over the weekend i plan to completley aerate the lawn with the hollo
tine and fill the holes with sharp sand.
Use an electric scarifier to give the grass a good going over and ge
out any dead grass/thatch etc
* Give the lawn a modest mow to pick up as much of the remaining dea
stuff the scarifier left behind.
Rake the lawn to disturb the soil (depending on how much th
scarifier has done)
* Spike aerate the lawn with the roller aerater
Spread new grass seed
* Use a broom to make sure the grass gets into the soil
Apply a "top mix" at around quarter inch
* Brush in top mix
Water regular for a couple of weeks if required to allow seed t
How does that sound?
I also would like some suggestions on 1) Autumn(Fall) Feeding? and 2
The top mix
1) At what stage would you recommend i apply the Autumn feed? before
after? somewhere in the middle? Weeks after? Also, what should i b
looking for in terms of content?
2) Top Mix. I was going to make my own using compost, sharp sand an
some riddled soil i've saved through the summer. If this is ok, the
great, if not, what should i be looking for?
Thanks in advance for all your help.