Yellow cukes ?

just wondering, my wife came in tonight from the garden tonight with some yellow cukes . She asked if these were a special breed or over ripe ? is there yellow cucumbers ? Thanks, Raz

Does she know the difference between a cucumber and a squash ?

Yes, she knows the difference We have determined that they got overlooked and were just over ripe. Thanks, raz

There is a "Lemon Cucumber", but it is round in shape, unlike a regular cuc.
Big D wrote:

My wife bought a variety called "Blonde <something or other>". They started green-yellow and got more yellow as they got bigger. They got bigger and bigger as I waited for them to turn green. Finally I guessed that the "blonde" meant that they were yellow and decided to try one and they tasted fine, just with yellow skins. They look just like a pickling cucumber, but with yellow skins. I seem to remember lemon cucumbers being more round and actually having a faint citrus flavor.