Yardman Mower Help

I have a 6.5 hp mower that doesn't seem to be getting fire. I installed a new plug with no change. Can somebody tell me how to check the coil ? It is getting gas to the cylinder. Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan

You can take the plug out, hook it to the wire, and lay the plug against the metal part of the engine (the plug has to be in contact with metal to complete the electrical circuit). Pull the cord and look for the spark (it helps if it's in a fairly dark place). Make damn sure you don't have any gas around. Don't hold the spark plug while doing this because the thing puts out 20,000 volts.

If you see a spark, you have fire and need to check the fuel system.

Reply to
RoyDMercer