Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

Page 1 of 2
My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of service.
==========yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY 3L = 9.5 mm 31.25 Outside measurement. v belt
BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove 754-04101 =============== Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

maybe he hit a 10" stick?
Clark.
Clark said:

Dood. I used that line, in this thread, LAST NIGHT. Quit tryin to steal my schtick [sic]! =P
--

Eggs

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is
On 9/3/2007 8:06 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is 'uncopyrightable'!

I enjoy (not so) subtle puns. Can I steal this one & add it to my sig list? I promise not to scramble it.
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but
xPosTech said:

Of course. I can't take the credit for it. I grabbed it years ago, somewhere...
=)
--

Eggs

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

What's NAPA and what's a sulky?

NAPA is a major (nationwide ?) auto supply chain.

You're kidding aren't you ? You don't know what a sulky is ? It's a small 2 wheel platform that attaches to the rear of a mower that allows the operator to stand on it and be pulled along behind the mower instead of walking behind.

valvejob said:

[...]
Did you try an auto parts store?

Any 10" sticks lying around? =D
--

Eggs

Not only is life a bitch, it has puppies.
valvejob wrote:

warranty. could be that the belt was just defective.
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 03:49:39 GMT, do snipped-for-privacy@do.com wrote:

Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups.
valvejob wrote:

I don't understand. After 3 hours of service the warranty was void??

Order it online and installed and all it well.
Ok, not really that well. I'm concerned as to why the new one broke and also this mower has a lot of vibration. Engaging the transmission also is not smooth.
And I can see I'm going to need new wheels every year on the front . I think rear wheel drive would be better.
valvejob wrote:

Describe the break. Is it clean almost like it was cut, very jagged with varying length "strings" hanging out of the ends, or what? Is is hard and crispy where it broke or flexible like the rest of the belt?

Vibration before or after the transmission is engaged?

--
Art

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or taking it in for warrany repait. Bob-tx
Bob wrote:

Bob wrote:

The op said - > Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups
--
Art