WTB: Fruit Trees in Minnesota

Hello, Five years ago I was walking through a K-Mart temp nursery and found a zone 4 peach tree. It has been great! I've been trying to find a couple more but cannot locate one anywhere. I would also like to find a couple more cherry trees also. Would anyone have any leads of where I might find some of these in or around the metro area? North metro would be best. K-marts don't handle them at all anymore.

Thanks in advance,

zTim

Reply to
fredmertz_1

Bachmans is a good start if you want to buy local. What they don't have they can order. Here is a link for a mail order source:

lwhaley

North Star cherry trees were developed for Minnesota. I'm in zone 5, but planted a pair of dwarf ones, they required no care (a neighbor finally pruned them for me but I never bothered) and lasted for 30 years. The cherries are a little sour, but I dilute them with just a little extra water and add sugar and they make wonderful pies and anything else you do with cherries. I think mine ended up with some kind of gall which remains in the ground, so I don't know if it would be wise to replant them or not. Lowe's had some, but ran out, don't know if they got another shipment or not.

Every year I got more cherries than I could use, gave lots of them away. I enjoyed watching them blossom and the fruit develop. They have a pleasing form.

Reply to
I Love Lucy