Woodman's Pal for clearing brush

FOr clearing woody, thorny brush, about 7-8 years worth of growth, I would need a brushcutting saw, which go for around 700-800 bucks. Machete bounces off, a slingblade only works on the dead limbs and a pruner , while the best option available looking at my tools, would take too long.

Anyone use a Woodman's Pal for clearing heavy brush? The advertisements look good, and the testimonials on archived newsgroup messages look good also. THose messages didn't specify if they were clearing woody, thorny brush or just tall weeds and vines.Can the hook blade portion be used to hack away in a swinging motion, or must I hook onto individual branches one at a time, in which case , i should just use my pruner.

Thanks

Reply to
Doe John

I pull the bigger stuff out with my tractor, whatever next smaller size I can with an axe and shovel, and mow the berry bush type stuff with my old Wheelhorse.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko