Wild Flower

Hello.
Was out camping yesterday in central British Columbia Canada. On the drive back, I spotted a vibrantly colored flower along the roadside. I had forgotten my digital camera, so I picked it and put in a bottle with water. Took some close up pics of it when we got home.
Can anyone tell me the name of this flower?
http://www.davco.bc.ca/wildflower.html
Thanks, Dave

water.
Well, I checked with my mom because she has a few just like this growing at the side of the house, she tells me it's a lily, but didn't know what kind. I looked up tiger lily and found this: http://www.holoweb.com/cannon/tigerlil.htm
It's similar but the colour is different.
There's also one called a liberty bell:
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/AT1053-Liberty-Bell.jpg
and one called four seasons:
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/AT1027_Four-Seasons.jpg
I think the four seasons is the closest but the spots aren't quite right.
Here is the one that was growing at the side of my mom's house
http://members.rogers.com/1henry/lily.jpg
They are quite striking.
Henry wrote:

It looks like a lily. But before you run out and buy some, note the Asiatic Lily Beetle (little red bugs) are muching their way through Asiatic lilies in the entire world. Day lilies are not affected, however.
Dave wrote:

Looks like a Tiger Lily.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman Services

Its called a "tiger lilly"---Al.

water.
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:36:25 +0000, Dave wrote:

Tiger lily ( Lilium columbianum )
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/environment/culres/ethbot/d-l/Liliumcolumbianum.htm
This is a wounderful wild lily found in bc, wa, ond oregon. These bulbs move well and they are rather care free once there are established. I like the little fruits that they get after flowering.

drive
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/environment/culres/ethbot/d-l/Liliumcolumbianum.htm
Hello again, after 2 days of searching, I finally found another of these plants (In the same general area). I did not cut this one as they seem to be rare??
Would this Lily adapt to a home garden if I dug it up and transplanted it? Or should I cut it and put in rooting hormone?
Thks, Dave
On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:27:02 +0000, Dave wrote:

This lily isn't that rare (around here in bellingham, wa) and I've found it many different times before in the woods. I don't suggest that you dig it or cut it though. It would be kindest to purchase it from a specialty nursery. If digging is the only option, then mark the area and return when the lily has died down to the ground for the year. Then treat it as you would any other lily or bulb. Take note on how deep the bulb is in the soil, you will want to replant it at that depth.