White mites on lawn?

Hi all,
I've recently sowed a new lawn which has come on nicely, mowed for th first time 2 weeks ago. It's in quite a shaded area and I've always ha trouble getting the lawn to survive more than a year or so. This tim I've tried "shady" lawn seed from B&Q. In the last few days I've noticed tiny white specks on the tips of man of the grass shoots. On closer inspection, they're tiny mites. Are they going to eat my lawn? Is there something I can do to make them go away? All comments appreciated. Thanks.
Breda East Yorkshire
-- Breda