Where do I start? Help!

Hi All,
Where do I start? I bought a house 3 Years ago that needed total renovation. Now it's time for the garden! I've around thirty five 100 ft pine trees around the edges of my garden. I've taken 10 down last year. The problem is that nothing grows in my garden and also there are loads of weeds, moss and ivy. I want to put a new lawn in, WHERE DO I START?
--
pdhM3

pdhM3 wrote:

soil test to determine the pH as well as what mineral deficiencies need correcting.