When to Topdress

I'm in Atlanta and have a Zoysia lawn that was sodded last summer. Unfortunately, it isn't very smooth, so it needs to be top-dressed. I know better than to use sand - I'll use a soil blend similar to the soil in the yard... No problem there.
My thoughts are to do this chore just as the grass is beginning to emerge from dormancy - probably sometime in April.
Is there a better time?
KB
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:31:48 -0500, Kyle Boatright wrote:

Sounds good to me, that's when we tend to do such things. I would over seed at the same time to thicken up the lawn and to speed up the return of the lawn in the top dressed areas.
--
http://resources.ywgc.com

when it's growing vigorously.