Wheel weights on the Craftsman dys 4500

I gotta tell you, since I bypassed the seat kill switch and I added wheel weights to the lawn tractor, I have really enjoyed the thing. The 4500 feels a lot more stable when on a slope and when towing the lawn sweeper the traction is way better. If anyone is considering weights for this model, go for it. I think I might also want to go with a wider tire, this thing only has 8 inch width tires on the back, my fathers Husqvarna has 10 inch tires, but what benefit would it really give me? around here they are about $60.00 each, and I gotta figure they are a pain in the butt to change, or I could take them to the garage so they can do it..

Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

My regular auto garage changes small tires for me gratis - sometimes even inserting a tube which I have supplied.

Be careful with that lawn sweeper - don't get any 10" logs caught in it.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Actually the sweeper handles those pesky 10" pine sticks handily , and well so does the replacement lawn tractor, I'm chalking that one up to freak accident. Kathy was using it last weekend and I held my head in disbelief every time she neglected to disengage the blades while going over some tall roots, Luckily she did not hit anything, (she did get a polite reminder) I'm thinking I should bury those pesky roots so it won't be an issue anymore. ;-)

Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

*kicks shin* =P
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I've never had much luck trying to bury the roots - they keep coming back up each spring. Some maples I have just ripped the exposed root out. Didn't bother mine.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko