What weedkiller would you recommend

I have dug over and rakes a piece of ground ready to sow grass seed bu
it is now covered with a fresh growth of docks. If I use a weedkille on these docks, how soon after can I sow the grass
-- PatCh
use roundup and plant soon after plants die.
PatCh wrote:

Perfect time to use vinegar. Spray the weeds - they should be dead within 4 hours tops. Water for a few minutes and the acidity is gone...

Vinegar, really? Have you tried it? If it does really work, then that would be one inexpensive weed killer. Does it kill everything, or just a few types of weeds?
Abe wrote:

I started using it a few weeks ago, and it kills everything - even dollar weed is brown within 3-4 hours.
spraying straight venigar is cheeper than roundup???
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

5% vinegar (the normal strength you'll get at the grocery store) is what.. $1 a gal.? maybe $1.50? 1/2 Gallon of Roundup Ready-To-Use Weed and Grass Killer is $9.99 'round here...

Yes, a heck of a lot less expensive!!
ok , i was using the quart bottle of roundup concentrate for 20.00 , makes makes about 16 gallons of spray .