What weed is it?

These babies are ravenous. Looking almost like a sick scouring rush horsetail, but not that I do not believe because of the wee little white fragrant five petal flower on the top as of late. Anyone want to take a shot at the unknown beauty? I could probably web cam it, but all you pros do not need that hey, let's keep it interesting for now. Thanks.

PS , I just seeded with bluegrass mixed with rye, golf course grade stuff as an added clue. Oh, and btw, it is a former hay field to boot...the plot thickens, hehe, no pun intended

Ev