what to do after weed removal (o)

hi,
I just removed a stretch of weed by hand. Took a hell of a long time and a lot of trash bags. Now there's a lot of patches in the lawn. How do I repair that? And will weed grow back in the lawn?
kilroy bass wrote:

This is not a bad time to try to grow a lawn from seed... depending on where you are writing from. If you don't get something you want in there weeds will fill it in.
Peter H
I doubt you will ever stop weeds. if you put down seed now, you should be able to get some going. depends on the seed also . the bare spots will eventually fill in by them selves