what is layered soil?

I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that I have layered soil--what is it? They did the free inspection while I was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. Not bad.

Reply to
nightrider.36

All soil is layered. Look at pictures of the Grand Canyon.

Red

Reply to
Red

I would be more interested in the 2 soil types. "Layered" is self-explanatory for most. And, I would be interested in the soil depth of both layers. And, if the depth of those layers are generally the same throughout the area of the lawn.

The "invasive" terminology is what raises a flag for me. Invasive if the lawn is not mowed regulary, or invasive irregardless of cutting the lawn regularly.

Reply to
Dioclese

Don't be a fool. Their only interest is how many layers of cash they can get from your wallet into theirs.

Reply to
Duff2

Amen !!

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

yea, thanks. They want $40 to throw fertilizer on my lawn once a month--the call it an application. What I really wanted was that lawn inspection because I wasn't sure if I had fungus or the lawn was just underwatered. I can't tell the difference. That and they also identified some weeds, spurge and oxalis (that weird little three leaf clover-looking weed). It was good to read about them.

I'm not signing up for their service but I took advantage of the free lawn inspection. At least now I can stop throwing fungicide and concentrate on watering, weed removal and mowing.

Reply to
nightrider.36

that is alot of money. which you can do it your self since you kno what your lawn needs

-- mor

Reply to
mor

40$ to put fertilizer on your lawn? I would take that deal, but I have an acre to fertilize. How big is your lawn? A bag of weed and feed fertilizer costs around $25-$30 for enough to cover 15,000 sq ft of lawn. Figure your property acreage, minus the footprints of the house, driveway, and other non-grass areas, and see which is cheaper.
Reply to
willshak

$40 to fertilize a 1,500 sq/ft lawn is too much. that's what I have.

Reply to
nightrider.36