What Feed + Weed?

Can anyone recommend an economical way to feed + weed the lawn at our new house? It's about 1100 sqm and has quite a lot of clover and dandy lion in it.
To be honest, the lawn seems pretty healthy really, so it probably needs more weed than feed!!
Thanks, TT
--
Timmy T

Bob F;930450 Wrote: > Timmy T wrote:-

> something

> feed.

Is that a US product, or can you get it in the UK? Is spraying better than spreading a granulated product?
--
Timmy T

On 7/19/2011 2:13 AM, Timmy T wrote:

It is a US brand name. I agree that it is better to spot spray than treat whole lawn and that spraying is more effective.

UK? who knows. A trip to a local garden shop should uncover the available selective herbicides for turf. Spraying is better for two reasons:
1 - It puts the chemical precisely on the weeds for maximum effect.
2 - It minimizes the amount that is used. Instead of broadcast spreading it everywhere, where some of it makes it very easily into roadways and then streams, etc, it goes on the actual weed.

Agree with the direct spraying of each weed. I wait until they have a flower showing, then use that to direct the wand to the plant.
As to the "weed-b-gon" product, it's just good old 2,4-D with a small amount of other herbicides (Dicamba and something else). Mix it with water and wet the weed.
Jon
Jon Danniken said:

Why on earth would you wait for flowers? It's not the only method of propagation. =)
If you're going to spot spray weeds, then just do it. If it's a broadleaf, it dies.
Wait? LOL No. =)
<rest snipped>
--

Eggs

-Every snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.