well area planting

Our wellhead is in the front lawn. Is it possible to plant flowers and shrubs in the area, without worrying about it affection our well water?
Sounds fine to me but I don't think I would fertilize around there.

I've got shrubs all around the wellhead. How deep is your well. Mine is 70 feet. Nothing I do on the surface will affect the water in the well after going through all that clay and limestone. The aquifer is under all your neighbors also. Its all the same water.