weeds today affect next year?

thanks for all the answers in the previous thread.

I've pretty much given up on having a decent lawn this summer because of the weed problem and burnt patches. I'm looking forward to next year. Now I've pulled a lot of clovers/crab grass by hand to avoid further damaging my lawn with weed killers.. but there is still quite of bit of weeds remaining. Now is it necessary for me to get rid of all the weed this year if I plan on following Scotts five or six step program that is listed on back of its products for seeding? Can I resurrect my lawn for next year without deweeding everything this summer if I start following a good program next year? Otherwise, I probably have to till half of my lawn this summer to get rid of the weed and start reseeding..which obviously requires a lot more work. Thanks for any response or suggestion.

-- quaspro

quaspro

one way or another you are going to have to pull the weeds. before or after its dead. might as well do it now...

Reply to
Die Spammer !!!!!

I would wait until the fall and go after them then. If you don't get them this fall they will be back with a vengeance next year. I would try 2 herbicide applications spaced 2 weeks apart in September.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H