Weeds Thru Gravel In Front Yard: Suggestions On ? (Worried About using "Roundup")

Hi,
Have moved into a house that has a gravel front yard, with some nice trees and bushes in it. Looks great in the spring, but by now all sorts of weeds, etc., are poking up thru the gravel. Ugh !
Tried Weed-B-Gone, several applications, but ineffective.
Thinking of trying "Roundup", but am afraid to use it, even a light spray of, due to possibility of trees and bushes eventually soaking it up thru root system and causing harm to them.
Should I be ?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob
I have used roundup for that purpose for years, very effective and no colateral damage.

Roundup, when applied according to directions, ie spraying weeds, won't be picked up by the root system of desirable plants. It works through absorption, not through the soil.
"Robert11" wrote

Bob,
I work for a nursery that is a wholesale-resale. We bring in 13 acres of trees (B&B)every year (4-5k of trees), which we "hill" in and irrigate. We control the weeds by using Roundup Pro, the tops of the root balls are even sprayed. You will not harm the trees unless you get on the foliage. If you have evergreens, be extra cautious, especially watch the overspray. Treat the bushes like evergreens, and you'll be fine.