Weeds - Dandelions - I am concerned

I applied some weed killer the other day, and indeed the dandelions seem to be in their death throes. I don't understand though.
I think I read somewhere that the way these weed killers work is they accelerate weed growth so they demise early. Accordingly, my dandelions are wilting now, but it seems to me what has happened is that they have grown, bloomed and then quickly turned to seed which the wind is blowing around like it always does. Well now, doesn't this mean that I know have new seeds all over my lawn? Which will again bloom one day?
Straighten me out here.
Thanks
-GECKO

Which specific weed killer are you referring too? I've never seen a weedkiller that accelerated weed growth. Just the opposite. Within a few days, the weeds wilt and die.
Accordingly, my

Don't let them get large enough to go to seed. If they start to bloom, mowing should eliminate a high percentage of them. Follow with spot application of herbicide.
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:06:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Ortho WeedBGone and Scotts TBuilder with Halts. -GECKO

I've used the WeedBGone with excellent results. Broadleaf weeds start wilting within a few days and are dead in about 10 days.

Oh, and forgot to add, the Halts is a pre-emergent crabgrass control, which will keep new weeds from germinating, but won't effect existing ones.
gecko wrote:

Yes and no. There is some explanation in this wiki artice:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxin
Spraying kills danedlions but does not propagate them.

yeah, it's like ripening tomatoes; once they get past the initial stages, the fruit will finish up on their own.