Watering the Grass

Is it better to water the grass a little bit more frequently or a lot at one time less often?

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold

http://NewsReader.Com /

Steveo wrote:

watering minimizes evaporation loss. It's best to have a grass with deep roots such as Tall Fescue. Black Beauty, Lofts Rebel II, etc.
We use a rain guage to monitor how much rain fall we got during the week and then make up the difference with a deep soaking on either Sat or Sunday.
Thought this might also be helpful ...
http://www.gilmour.com/Watering_Hose_End/wateringtips.asp