Water pump question

I have a submersible 3/4 HP pump that supplies my home and garden. I put in an automatic lawn sprinkler system and the pump goes on an off during the watering cycle, turning on and off. To prevent this do I increase or decrease the flow to the lawn sprinklers?

Reply to
Mel

If you are watering for any length of time, the pump HAS to go on and off. Once the pressure gets to a certain low-pressure setting, the pump has to kick back in and start pumping again. I don't see how you could water a yard larger than 200 sq feet without this happening.

Or perhaps I have misunderstood your question.........................

--James--

Reply to
James

is that a problem, going on and off like that? because most water pumps do that. I'd say increase. if it cuts off it is because the pressure is to high.

Reply to
notspike

Is this a demand system or one with a water tank ? If it is one with a tank you could probably prevent it by going to the trouble of installing a much larger tank - but why bother ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko