Washing Mower Deck ?

Hello I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Mower Tractor with a 42 in. deck , have had the usual problem with grass sticking to the underside of the deck and the damage that goes with this problem , I had the deck sand-blasted a year ago and painted it with a special very tough paint that I got from Summit Racing , I ran a hose under the deck with the mower running and it really cleaned the fresh grass off the deck , took the deck off last fall for maint. and it looks very good , have heard all kind of ways to wash a deck , wonder if anybody has added a fitting to the deck or buried a right angle hose in the ground to spray up , getting down on the ground with a water hose isn't the best . Thanks Phil L.
on 4/9/2008 9:45 AM Phil said the following:

I don't have that problem with my tractor, since the deck is pulled off in the late Fall to attach the snow blower, so the deck gets cleaned and the blades sharpened..
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I have a shallow creek with a rock bottom so I just drive in to about 3 inches deep and turn on the blades. Works GREAT. I guess everyone can't do that though.
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Tomes
willshak wrote:

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

More toward the fall when I'm dealing with the leaves. I squirt it down with wd-40 after I let it dry.
The damn thing will still rust away eventually.

My Troybilt has an add-on fitting to do what exactly you're talking about. Has quick disconnect fitting. Another add-on is a hose adapter that fits that quick disconnect. Don't cost alot. Perhaps could be adapted to yours?
Add-on parts for Troybilts are sometimes available on shelf at Lowes. Or, mtdonline.com.
--
Dave

fitting on it just for that purpose. There is a fitting on the top of each side of the deck.
So, you might check with Cub Cadet to see if you can order these parts and install them on your mower. It might be hard to put a hole in the deck for the fitting, but it could be done.
Bob-tx

My Troybilt had a big brass bolt, washer, and nut in the deck where the fitting/adapter goes.
--
Dave

How about a tax to support any military conflict/police action over 3 months
Thanks to all for the suggestions , I did order a Cub Cadet fitting and coupler today , am hopeful that it will do the job , dealer said that I should grease the blade spindles every time the mower is washed , if I run it full speed for a couple of minutes and dry the deck out it should be OK , Thanks Again, Phil L. "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message

be bearing and rust through in time. Better off using a teflon spray or such after a cleaning.
Otoe
Phil wrote:

works fine, just put new bearings in the three spindles and scraped off all the old grass. What damage are you talking about? Normal wear?
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Rust damage , if fresh grass stick to the mower deck and isn't removed right away it will stay forever and is very acidic and will rust the deck , as I said earlier , got special paint from Summit Racing , stuff is like iron and holds up well but I have to get the grass off quickly or it is solid , used a hose last year and it worked great , I just picked up a wash fittings from Cub today and going to install it shortly , thanks for the interest , Phil
message

One of those hose attachments for cleaning gutters (pointed up instead of down of course)???