Utility Box Cover

I would like to build a faux stone cover for two utility boxes (phone box and cable box) in my front yard. I saw they sell these online - but they are very expensive and not the ideal sizes I need.
I thought about building a wire frame and covering it with some kind of plastic resin material, then spraying it with stone speckle paint - but specific directions or recommendations would be very appreciated.
I'll most likely plant small bushes around it when complete.
davidp wrote:

Better talk to the utility company(s) before you do any of that.
Model railroad hobbyists might be able to help you.