Used Mower Buying Guide?

I have searched for a while online for tips on buying a used lawn mower. More specifically a rear engine riding mower. Can anyone direct me to a website or other source for this? I guess its not like buying a used car where you can get a general idea on price and depreciation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tony C.

Does anybody still make a rear engine rider ? For lawn tractors & garden tractors the informal rule of thumb is a 1 year old has lost about 50% of it's value unless it's a premo like John Deere, Husqvarna or similar. I guess we can assume a RER would be about the same. Of course condition and being familiar with the specific unit (like having watched as a neighbor has used it) means a lot.