Unwanted Thorn Vines

THE UNWANTED THORN VINES ARE GONE with 30 days!! I sprayed the vines in early April two days in a row then again the following week-end. The following 2 weeks I began to pull up the dead vines. Because the ground was soft from the spring rain, I was able to pull up most of the roots. However, some life of wanted vines appeared and I immediately spread them. I have cleared 90% of my hill within 4 weeks. Roundup® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Plus Concentrate is some powerful STUFF. I would recommend it to anyone.
Now I have the another problem - What to cover it with? I will cover this topic under a new subject title: Daily Lillies for Erosion control.
ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW IN APRIL 2006 Product Used: Roundup® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Plus Concentrate
I have a hill side approximately 20' x 50' filled with thorn vines approximately 6 to 10 feet tall. I sprayed each vine from top to bottom with Roundup® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Plus Concentrate yesterday and again this morning. This morning I noticed the vines are
turning dark brown. (I hope that's a promising sign that they are dying.)
Questions:
-How long will it take for the vines to die completely? I would like to
clear the hill side as soon as possible (definitely before it gets to hot). -Will the thorn vines return this year or next year? -Can I plant a ground cover in the same area. I am considering low growing drought tolerant --possibly phlox. I am eager to through seeds in the area next month.
ps. This is a long weekend for yard and garden projects, i.e., spraying the vines again or removing the vines from the hill side.
Add pictures here
✖
DaLadyN_Red wrote:

Might as well cover it with mulch for a couple of years while you finish killing the vines. After using the brush killer you have just about killed the soil for regular plants. :-(
Tom J
Add pictures here
✖