Turf on top of turf

I stay in a new house and the builders are going to put drainage in an
returf the lawn. Problem is that it looks like they are preparing t put the new turf on top of the old turf. They have already put the san down. Is this a problem? Please answer asap the coming back tomorrow t finish
-- flashman

Not a problem. The old turf will just decompose and feed the new turf. The way most contractors work around here, you probably also just doubled the amount of loam you have. Be quiet, nod and smile before they change their mind. Just my $0.02...
--Glenn Lyford
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote:

Err could be Im afraid ! Thats just going to mess up the drainag they put in and create a pan layer! After a time when the old tur starts to brake down it will also make your lawn soft and sponge. No the best but its up to you
-- turf doc
Just do a web search for how to lay sod. I think you'll quickly find that the right way to do it requires properly preparing the soil. And just laying new sod on top of whatever is already there isn't one of the accepted methods. A little work upfront to do it right will avoid either total failure the first year, or years of trouble ahead.
I'd take pictures of what they do, so when it fails, you have good evidence of why.

I've never seen such a thing in Ohio.