Turf Advice

Hi,

I bought this turf from B'nQ and put it down about a month ago. larg sections of it went brown but a fair bit of it took and looks prett healthy. I wondered if there were any products / advice that coul encourage the healthy stuff to spread? Currently I'm watering at 07:0 in the morning and evening with a jet hose.

Any advice gratefully accepted

Jarvis

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

I've never seen such a perfect patchwork of sod where some sections are perfect and others are a total zero. Assuming the soil was relatively uniform, the sod and installation were the same, I can't begin to guess what went wrong.

But to answer your question, whether the grass will spread depends on what kind of grass it is, which you didn't say. If it's a clump type grass, like tall fescue, it will not spread. If it's bluegrass, it will spread slowly over time. But from a practical standpoint, it doesn't matter. The only thing that's going to make that look good without waiting and tending to it for years is to replace the failed sections.

A month into establishment, I'd look into gradually reducing the watering.

Reply to
trader4