Trumpet vine

We enjoy our trumpet vine because it looks nice and attracts humming birds. But it seems to be sending up shoots 6+ feet away from the main trunk. Is there a way to control those shoots? They are not welcome in the vegetable garden or my neighbor's yard.

Steveo wrote:

You mean they are growing out of the ground at 6' away? You need to root prune. It'll help the bloom too. You or your neighbor will still have to deal with shoots for a while though.

Steveo wrote:

Yes Grand Funk Railroad.

Steveo wrote:

http://www.grandfunkrailroad.com