Troy-Bilt Edger TB25ET

I recently purchased a Troy-Bilt edger, model TB25ET, used it a grand total of 3 times and now the start spring-assist mechanism seems to have locked up. Anyone have this problem or know how to resolve it?
Thanks in advance,
Diane

http://www.troybilt.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID 1&CAT &SUBA
If this is what you have. Its made by mtd. Which makes low end crap. They have pretty much taking over consumer level product. If it was me and its been less then 30 days I would take it back. Get a mantis
http://mantisgardentools.com/tiller.asp
make sure you get the edger attachment.
or if you dont want 2 stroke moter you can try the honda fg100
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/tilmin.htm
I never used the honda but i have used the mantis.The mantis is a great tool for the money and does diffrent jobs. I know this isnt what you where looking for in a answer but i hope it helps.