Trimec mixing ratio... help

Damn lawyers. My bottle of Roundup and trimec both have "directions for use" that run about 10 pages full of legalese crap. After reading it, I still have no idea how strong to mix it. They give units like "ounces per acre". WTF ???

I have a 3 gallon sprayer. How much Trimec do I mix in ? I'm killing run-of-the-mill weeds in a Mid-Atlantic fescue lawn. Of course, I want to kill the weeds, but not the grass. This means I need to get this right.

Roundup mixing is easier since I want everything to die...so over-kill costs me some money but not grass. I think I have a good ratio figured for this.

Thanks

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Roundup pro is 3 oz per gallon of water. Spray until the foliage is covered..runoff is wasted product.

Trimec is 1.5 oz per 1000 sg ft, so you can use that for your pump sprayer mixture.. 1.5 X how ever many gallons you want to mix..just wet the foliage, and don't do it if it's above 84 degrees, or on bentgrass.

Reply to
Steveo

Got it. Thanks. That's about what I figured.

How long does Trimec need to dry before rain or watering ? Two days ?

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Reply to
Steveo