trees and birds

I have a couple of nice, large trees in our front yard. Of course the birds love them an do their business all over the cars in the driveway. Anything we can do to discourage the birds short of cutting the trees down?

Reply to
llump41

a) Get some tree snakes b) Fire a few shotgun blasts into the canopy c) Use car covers d) Build a treehouse for your cats e) Wire the tree with electric fence wire f) Put speakers up in the tree and play lound sounds randomly g) Climb up there and kick their little bird asses

Reply to
Charles Newton

I've found that some birds, like grackles, are more "scarable" (loud noises, water cannon, etc.) than others. The most persistent ones were house sparrows -- those little flying mice just wouldn't budge.

We got rid of roosting sparrows by having the trees, ash's whose canopies had grown together a bit, thinned.

Get rid of ALL interlocking branches of your trees and thin them DRAMATICALLY. The birds don't feel safe to roost if they see a lot of air, rather than foliage and branches, under them. About 1/3 of the canopy of each of our trees was removed.

I also got a "Prowler Owl" decoy (a windsock whose wings flap quite realistically) from Northerntool.com. Every few days, I moved it to a different location on the lawn (rigged up a pole in a patio umbrella stand) or roof.

Reply to
Erma1ina

Move your driveway.

Reply to