Tree Trimming Extension

I've been pondering a method for tree trimming rather high branches. I wonder if an extension ladder and an electric chainsaw might be combined so that I might remain safely on the ground at a nice safe distance? The chainsaw only weighs 5lbs and I should be able to fabricate a nice adjustable arm to hold it and allow only a certain amount of travel. A switch at the end of an extension cord would keep me well away from the tree and fall area. Comments? Thanks.
Dave wrote:

There are many brands of pole chainsaws available for around $125.00.

Geez - I don't even feel safe any more just moving my 26' ext ladder by itself without a chainsaw at the top. Seems to me you won't be able to control the saw fine enough that way - and even if you do you'll be right under the branches as the fall. You won't be able to undercut the branch so the saw will bind. I can't think of anything good about that idea.

Well I would want to be able to position the saw so that it would start the cut at an ideal angle (downward). Don't need to be cutting right up against the trunk so I don't think undercutting would be too necessary. As long as the saw starts at the best angle I would not expect it to get pinched. Meanwhile I can stand well away from the tree and just flip the switch.
Dave wrote:

Rope saw.