Tree recommendation

I live in northeastern Oklahoma and would like a recomendation for a fast growing shade tree.

I used to live in Tulsa. When I was there I planted a Lacebark Elm (AKA Chinese Elm). I planted it as a small 5 gal tree. In 5 years it was at least 20 ft tall and 15 ft wide. When fully mature they can get to be around 40 ft tall and they make an excellent shade tree. Paul James (host of DIY network's Gardening by the Yard and master gardener) also lives in Tulsa. He highly recommends the Lacebark Elm also. You can find them at Lowe's for about $20.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_trees_shrubs_deciduous/article/0,,HGTV_3644_1372061,00.html
I should have guessed you were from Tulsa just because of your name.
BTW, how big a boy are you?

I'm big enough to whoop yer ass and be home in time to watch Oprah. I'll be on you like a rat on a cheeto.
Long live Roy. I sure do miss him now that I'm not in Tulsa anymore.

I already got me some pop-knots on my head, and I'm fixin' to come down on you with a 55 gallon drum o' whoop ass.

I'll give you a pop-knot that will need its own zip code.

I'll be all over you like a hobo on a bologna sandwich.

RoyDMercer wrote:

A bit of Roy has been immortalized at:
http://redstavern.wirs.com/sounds.htm
I stumbled on it when I was trying to figg'r what you ol' boys was jaw'n 'bout.

Or you can just go to the official web site at: http://www.roydmercer.com
RoyDMercer wrote:

Hilarious!!