tractors

Last year my ariens s10g finally died. I owned that tractor for close to 30 yesrs. 15 years ago the motor took a dump andi bought a 16 hp to replace it. I had a set of tire chains a 300lbs weight box on the back and a snow plow blade.I pushed dirt like a bulldozer,this tractor did everthing i needed it to do. My 1.5 acers are now in very good shape but my workhorse is now dead,motor died mower deck has been welded back together to many times. I cant spend 7gs on a new tractor. What I need now is to just cut the grass,pull a lawn roller around in the spring and a 40" areator ever other time I cut the lawn. No blade or snowthrower. Looking at 155c jd and ..lt155 cub cadet any opinons. The cub cadet looks like a beefier tractor. Grass is starting grow again any opinions or coments from owners of these models.

Reply to
Rich

See alt.fan.tractors newsgroup. This newsgroup is for lawns and gardens, not mechanized equipment that does much more than that. My opinion.

Reply to
Jonny

Ignore Johnny's brush-off. We just had a lengthy discussion on a JD & a Toro. This is as good a place as any to get an opinion. Personally I doubt if there is much difference between the two you mentioned - just a matter of what color you like and if anybody wants to deal on the price or throw in some extra goodies. I'm still sticking with the oldies - 2 old Cub Cadets, an old JD, and a couple old Wheelhorses. But I'm still plowing a garden, discing, snowblowing, dragging logs around, pulling wagons of firewood, etc. (envying your 300# weight box). I would think either machine you are looking at will satisfy your needs.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

alt.fans.tractors is more for full-size tractors than lawnmower sized units. Not that you might not find your answer there. Most posters there are friendly.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Sorry to hear about your loss..

A good tractor is hard to find..

My old lowes '91 14hp B&S/42" died from a broken tranny..

I've recently purchased a JD GT235.. for $4500 US..

Worth every dime..

Heavy duty tranny, hour meter, cruise, 48" 12GU Deck, 19HP Kawa..

I do a lot of landscape and got tire of being pushed down hill by a loaded cart.. Now I can do anything with anything..

Due the checking .. You won't be unimpressed... My buddy has the 30" tines and let me tell you for a spring garden of 100x50.. it's a weekend with no broken backs.. ;)

Reply to
joe.henderson1