Tractor vac up and running

I bought a used Wheelhorse 520H (about 15 years old) last spring when the snow was still on the ground. Came with a 3 HP lawn vac that attaches off the rear. Neither had been used for a year before I bought them. I've ben using the tractor all summer just to mow without the vac. But now with leaves coming down I figured the vac might be nice. I hooked the vac up - all the parts were there except for a couple bolts. Looked in the gas tank and it appeared to be dry. Being an optimist (too lazy to do anything unnecessarilly) I just poured some gas in and pulled the cord slowly a couple times. Then I gave it a firm pull and it fired right off. I am very glad the previous owner drained that sucker. This should make it a litle easier to get the leaves on my compost pile this year.